- Ash Wednesday, February 26th
- Ashes will be blessed and distributed at all the Masses 7:00AM, 9:00AM (Spanish), 12:00PM anda 7:00PM ash service.
- Ashes will also be distributed throughout the day until the 7:00PM Service
- There will be a special collection at the masses on Ash Wednesday To Feed the Hungry.
Stations of the Cross
Stations of The Cross every Friday during The Lenten Season. Please join us after the 12 noon Mass (English) 6pm (French) and 7pm (Spanish) beginning Friday, February 28th.
The Lenten Calendar For Busy People!
It’s a GREAT way to keep up with Lent!
- Daily features are sent directly to your inbox and help provide simple prayers, videos, spiritual quotes and excerpts for each day of Lent.
Lenten Vesper Series 2020
- When- Tuesday's: March 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st
- Where- St. Mary of the Angels Chapel
- 6:30 PM Vespers (Evening Prayer)
- 7:00 PM Simple Supper
- 7:30 PM Reflection
- Click here for complete details
Lenten Reflection Guide 2020
- A journey toward ecological conversion from Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns
- In this Lenten Reflection Guide, we offer reflections, questions, prayers, and actions based on each
week’s scripture readings in light of the theme of ecological conversion. Use this guide individually or in small groups to reflect upon your life patterns, to pray more deeply, and to renew your spirit to face the realities of our world.
- Click here for the 2020 guide
BIBLE STUDY IN SPANISH
- March 2, 9 & 16 from 7 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
- Join Fr. John Heffernan as the study of
Matthew’s Gospel continues during
Lent with the last days of Jesus on earth,
his crucifixion and resurrection.
- We meet in Holy Name School, first floor
[entrance is next to the handicapped entrance].
- Please bring your bible.
Upcoming Special Events
ASH WEDNESDAY- February 26
TUESDAY LENTEN VESPERS- March 3-31
SPANISH RETREAT- March 7
DAY OF RECOLLECTION- March 21
JOY-J EVENT- March 28
PALM SUNDAY- April 5
ARCH. RECONCILIATION- April 6
EASTER- April 12
HELPING HANDS EVENT- April 18
FIRST COMMUNION- May 3
FREE TAX PREPARATION AND E-FILE
- at Holy Name of Jesus-St Gregory.
- AARP Tax-Aide/IRS Certified Tax prepare-rs
- Fridays and Saturdays starting February 1st
- 10am to 2pm at Holy Name School
- corner of Amsterdam Avenue, bet. 96th & 97th
- No appointments- 1st come-1st served
The Bereavement Group
- The Holy Name Spring Bereavement Support Group will start on March 12th.
- It will run for six sessions on Thursdays from 6:30-8:00pm. (No meeting on April 9th).
- There is a brochure with more information in the vestibule of the church.
- Contact Barbara Burns (212 663-5640) or the Parish Office (212 749-0276 ext 112) if you are interested in participating or would like to know more about the process.
Franciscan Ecology Initiative
Brothers and Sisters,
As I announced to you over this weekend, our Provincial, Fr. Kevin Mullen, OFM, asked the friars to share the findings of the Franciscan Ecology initiative. As I reminded you, this is our Pastoral Strategic Plan the friars have undertaken to consider which of our current 30 ministry sites we will be able to staff in the coming years. This has resulted in the Friar's plan to leave Holy Name of Jesus-St Gregory the Great later in the year. Please read the letter detailing the decision and coming changings. I will keep you updated as to the plans and timing as we work with the Archdiocese to lay the foundation for the next chapters of our beloved parish. That summary is available here, in English and in Español.
I appreciate your concern and your prayers for one another and the Friars
Peace to you all,
Stewardship Pledge Appeal 2019/2020
RCIA- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BECOMING A ROMAN CATHOLIC?
How does an adult become a Roman Catholic - become baptized, confirmed, and receive First Eucharist/Holy Communion?
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (the RCIA) is the Roman Catholic Church’s process by which adults are brought into the worshiping community, the Church, and mature in their love for Jesus Christ. The RCIA process unfolds over several months and includes study of the Bible, the Mass, the Sacraments, the seasons and feasts of the Church year, prayer, the teachings of the Church, reflection and discussion.
For additional information, please click here !
Monday - Friday
10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Parish Office is closed on Saturdays and Federal Holidays
5:30 PM Vigil
10:30 AM (Spanish)
1:30 PM (French)
Monday-Friday 7:00 AM, 12:00 Noon
Monday-Friday 9:00 AM (Spanish)
Friday 6:30 PM (French)
Tuesday & Thursday 11:30 AM - 12:00 Noon
Saturday 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM (English/Spanish)
Confesiones EN Español 4:00 PM A 5:00 PM
With WeShare, you can set up a recurring weekly or monthly giving transaction using your checking, savings, or credit card account. You can decide how much to give to any collection and make changes any time, day or night. Plus, you have direct access to your giving history. Click the link to get started or to update your existing account.
Follow us on Facebook!
Check out our new and updated Facebook page. You are invited to follow us on Facebook and give us a "Like". Keep current on happenings and events in the parish and feel free to share your own pictures and stories of parish life.
Please click on the link: Holy Name of Jesus-St Gregory the Great Facebook Page
Get the Parish App for your Phone!
Add the Parish App to your Apple or Android phone and keep up with all Parish events and activity. You can opt in to receive messages from the parish with timely updates, reminders of special events and church activities. Click on the appropriate link for your type of phone and download the app. Once downloaded, you will be prompted to select your parish and you will be linked to our information and website.
Google Play Store Link:
Apple App Store Link: